At JHCon, we usually make some strange compo concerning ZX Spectrum. This year, there will be such a thing, too. Inspired by the famous C64-ish “GOTO Considered Harmful” compo, we announce:
JHCon BASIC GOTO-less Compo!
- Your program must write text JHCON 2011 on the screen, while no sign of text “JHCON 2011″ can be visible in the Basic listing!
- The program must do some graphical effect and it must animate.
- Add some funny text to it, whatever you want. This text doesn’t have program limitations.
- The program must be in a loop, by pressing any key except SHIFTs must be finished and end with the 0 OK message.
- To be harder, using of commands GO TO, GO SUB, LOAD and SAVE is forbidden!
- Use of BEEP is possible.
- BORDER effects are possible.
- The program listing must fit into 1 (one) screen. The message scroll? must not be printed. Instead of it, LIST must end with 0 OK, 0:1 message and the program must be visible on 1 screen from its very beginning to its very end.
- Listing must be visible in any occasion, except when PAPER and INK are set to the same colour. So using of direct color commands (EXT.MODE+number or EXT.MODE+SHIFT+number) is allowed, but be careful with them! For example, when PAPER 3 and INK 2 are set, the whole program must be visible and readable.
- The program listing must be an eye-candy (graphically nice, attractive). Modify it by adding REM, spaces, UDG blocks, colours (but take care!). The program is limited to fit to 1 screen, not by amount of bytes.
- Any anti-BREAK and anti-LIST techniques are prohibited.
- The program must not contain any custom machine code in any form (no DATA, no m/c after REM, etc.), nor to run it. Using of ROM routines as well as POKEs are allowed.
- The prog must be saved using SAVE “name” LINE x, where x corresponds to starting line. Any extra additional files (like fonts, UDG, any CODE etc.) are not allowed.
- It must be done in a standard Sinclair BASIC for ZX Spectrum 16/48K, users of 128K machines switch to 48 BASIC mode.
Send your works to f6(a)factor6(dot)cz with subject “JHCon 2011 Compo”. The deadline is Saturday of JHCon (we don’t know exact date, but it should be 1-2 weeks before the X-mas). Voting will be at JHCon party by attenders, they will vote with one vote for both the prog’s look and its listing.